Saturday, January 18, 2014

Back to Work

I was able to take a short break from book writing during the holidays. Notice, I said book writing, I finished rough drafts of two short stories, polished them and submitted one. The other one isn't due until the end of February so I'm letting it rest.

But now, with the holiday decorations packed away and January's fierce winds blowing outside, I know it's time to get back to work on writing books. You all know I turned in my final contracted book in December. I received the edits back for that book last Thursday. I'll be busy working on those this weekend, as well as other book ideas in the event my editor doesn't like the proposal that was submitted the first part of this month.

Yes, that's how it is if you're a working writer. Once a proposal is submitted, you start another one. Just because you like your idea and your editor likes you, it doesn't mean every book proposal you submit will be accepted.

So over the course of this week, I'll be addressing edits on my book and brainstorming a new proposal for one of the ideas that I listed on my goals last week.

What are you doing to move your writing career forward this week?

1 comment:

  1. You are such a busy lady! Good luck on your new writings...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete